Waktu saya coba klik linknya, ternyata blogspot menampilkan pesan”Blog yang Anda cari tidak ditemukan”. Akhirnya, saya cari lagi di google dengan menggunakan judul artikel tersebut sebgai kata kunci. Akhirnya ketemu juga dari sumber aslinya, silahkan dilihat disini. “Wah ini menginspirasi saya untuk segera membuat blog berbahasa Inggris.Maka saya copy_paste artikel tersebut di journal.rahmawan.web.id. Nah biar tidak penasaran, silahkan dibaca sendiri alasan Mas Fatihsyuhud dan saya ngeblog dengan bahasa Inggris :
Ten Reasons Why We Blog in English
1. My English writing skill is not good. I’d like to improve it by writing regularly in a medium where editorial barrier is non-existent.
2. English is undoubtedly understood –though not necessarily spoken or written–by many, if not by most, influential people in the world. Hence larger audience, more visibility and influence of some sort.
3. Most internet-literate Indonesians understand English. Using English in my blog, therefore, does not hinder Indonesian readers to appreciate what I’d intend to convey to them, my primary audience.
4. Indonesian voices very much under-represented in the outside world simply because hardly any books, academic publication and conventional media are written in English. Indonesia — a country with more than 200 million population– has only one English newspaper, the Jakarta Post, and none of existing Indonesian magazines are in English. And hardly any best seller Indonesian books written by prominent intellectuals are written in or translated into English.
5. Among 10 percent of Indonesian internet users, only about 0.4 percent of them are blogging which means if you blog in Bahasa Indonesia you have to be satisfied with that of 0.4 percent readers who does not necessarily read your blog. Less potential readers will lead to less blogging courages.
6. It gives non-Indonesian a chance to know you and Indonesia: the mindset, culture, faith, etc. And it gives you more chance to interact with them. Hence, more understanding of multi-polar world and broaden your vista and horizon of thinking.
7. Depending on your blogging influence, but at the least it’ll give you more self-esteem by making more friends from various cultures accross the continents.
8. There are many people outthere with good intention to make an interfaith and intercultural dialogue; every now and then they need a person from particular country, say Indonesia, to talk to. Let them know that you are the person they want.
9. If your blog content is good, the possibility of being published and then reviewed by prominent international book reviewer is not far away.
10. Blogging in English, like blogging in any other languages including Bahasa Indonesia, is basically history in the making. The difference is by blogging in English you are making history in front of many faces and backgrounds from many countries and therefore it adds more to your credibility.